Monday, December 9, 2013

So Proud of My Son

Yesterday I went to my oldest son's pinning ceremony.
What's a pinning ceremony? My son did a much better job explaining, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to upload the videos of the ceremony. But in a nutshell, it is a ceremony that welcomes nurses into the profession.



I was so proud of my son. He not only was asked to give a speech, but he worked hard in school.


He was a class representative, worked on the pinning committee, and maintained a 4.0 grade point average in an accelerated nursing program. He did all this while taking care of his family and working part time. Of course, he had the support of his family, which helped him through the tough year.


(I apologize for the sideways pictures, but I don't have the time to figure out how to flip them!)

My son won the Most Promising Student award. I wish you could hear all the nice things the faculty said about him.



My son worked hard and did well in school. He also already has a job lined up in San Diego!


I quit nursing school at the end of my junior year to have him and the other kids. I loved nursing and planned to return when the kids were older. But in my early forties, I made the choice to foster and adopt. I couldn't do both nursing and raising children from hard places. So I gave up my dream. But then my oldest son took up my dream and ran with it.

I would have made a good nurse. My son is becoming a great nurse.

Congratulations, Mr. Nurse!!!! I know you'll love it! You were made for nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment