Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm Baaaaack!!

Moving out of state can be hectic. I can't believe we made it, but we did!

Hubby moved nearly two months before the rest of the family. He found a new house while adjusting to a new job. I was still in California, handling details with selling our old home and moving myself, two reluctant teenagers, two dogs, and all of our stuff up to Washington.

Then when we finally landed there has been unpacking, buying furniture and household supplies, handling paperwork for every little thing, and getting the kids into school. I still have numerous tasks to do, like finding doctors and dentists. But each day I try to accomplish something. The volume of work can be overwhelming, but not so much if I tackle on problem at a time and do it consistently.

There have also been a few little setbacks, like a child's illness, movers that didn't do all we hired them to do, a leaky pipe, a broken mailbox lock, a few small heater problems, and a broken power cord for my computer. Fortunately those things have been minor. When you consider all the things that could have gone wrong, we ended up doing very well. But each of these things took time to address.

I also make sure I take time to enjoy nature. One day last week Mr. I had a difficult time going to school because he was getting over an illness.  We didn't part company on good terms as I dropped him off. I had also been awake since 3:45 am to take one of my daughters to the airport. My emotions were raw and I was hurting. Instead of going straight home, I pulled off at a nearby park and listened to the waves and gulls to calm myself. Ten minutes of nature was good for the soul. By the time I picked Mr. I up, we were able to forgive each other and restore our relationship.


I sometimes I take a dog and walk to the beach to wait for Hubby's ferry to come in. I can't believe I live in such a beautiful area!

Ferry coming into Eagle Harbor with Mt. Rainier in the background.

We've had most of the older children and Grandson come for visits. Their presence made the transition easier for our family. Mr. I and Ms. D really needed their older siblings to be here in the midst of so much change. I hope our friends and family will visit often! I miss everyone!

Grandson "fwowing wocks"

We also have visited my sister in Seattle. It's so nice to have her so close!

Seattle skyline from the ferry

So much has happened this past month, yet I hadn't written much. But as I settle in our new home, I'll have more time. I'm back and ready to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment