Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Discovering my Neighborhood

This morning was cold! But I decided to take the dogs out for a walk after I dropped the kids off at school.  I wore a headband that my daughter-in-law made for me.


I found a nice little path that runs through our neighborhood.


I'm discovering more and more treasures on the island every day.
I finished my walk with a new friend. As we were about three blocks away from my house, I heard a bird. The neighbor said "That's an eagle!" She showed me where the bald eagles had a nest.

Eagle's nest in the broken top cedar
I am awed by this place! I'm not sure, but I think I can see the nest from our house! 

Beautiful view of mountains and the sound as we walked

There is so much natural beauty on the island. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment