Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Ahead

Spring has come to the island this past week.


Flowers are blooming, birds are singing, and we are slowly getting used to the time change.

I feel like we are in a spring season as a family. Yes, the rain still comes and some days are cloudy. Ms. D and Mr. I have days when they are having trouble adjusting to school. I miss my family and friends in California. I can't hop over to spend time with a friend who has cancer, or be with my older children when they need help. I tend to be more of an extrovert, so I get impatient with the slowness of making new friends. There is so much to do to get settled in and I get a bit overwhelmed at times.. 

On the other hand, we are happier here, even the teens. We are surrounded by so much beauty. The schools are helping our kids adjust. Ms. D is getting services we couldn't get in California. The kids are making friends in school. My kitchen, though a bit smaller, isn't falling apart. My fingers don't get pinched by drawers falling! We are catching up financially, despite all the moving expenses, since the cost of living is less. I have so much to be thankful for.

This is a new season in our lives. We had winter long enough. Now it's time to enjoy the flowers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment