Monday, May 5, 2014

My Friend in Heaven

My Friend, Carol, just made the passage to heaven this weekend.

Carol with her daughter
Carol and her family were in our homeschool group in California. She left three children, her husband, family, and friends too early.

Carol came down with cancer a few years ago. She, like many moms, was so busy taking care of her family that she put off taking care of herself. She reminded us to get our mammograms, to get checkups, and to live life fully. She had a bucket list and took trips with her family to enjoy what days she had left.

Although her body was weak, Carol participated in mud runs with her friends, daughter, and family. She did this one while she was getting chemotherapy treatment, and completed the course!

Carol's friends and family at the mud run!

I put up a hummingbird feeder a few weeks ago to remind myself to pray for her and her family. She loved hummingbirds, her flower garden, and bright colors. Though her death is hard for me because she's my first close friend who was my age to pass on, I know that she is now able to enjoy the beauty in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment